Saturday 23 June 2012

Summer Begins

It's officially summer now, and the rain occasionally lets up. Saturday gave me several consecutive hours of non-rain. Not warm, not sunny, but not rain. Plenty of wind, though. I was able to set up outdoors for some super-splashy glazing of the sort I avoid doing in the studio when wet work is around. And wet work is around because it rains all the time and nothing ever dries.

But now the sliding blocks have done some sliding. I glazed enough mugs and plates for two kiln loads, which ought to keep the kiln working until the wet work is bone dry, and can be bisque fired. After that, I can do glazing in the studio and not have to worry about harming work in progress.

Two weeks until my first day of Cambridge Open Studions 2012, and things are finally moving. And it's raining again, but that's all right.

If you got some not-rain today, I hope you enjoyed it as much as I did.

No comments:

Post a Comment